Sunday, December 27, 2009

Being on the Yearbook Staff Finally Comes in Handy

I know it's hard to believe, but I was once a writer for my high school yearbook. My favorite part about that task was writing captions under people's pictures. I thought I'd just caption some Christmas photos and let those serve as a recap for some of this past week's recent holiday highlights. This is what happens when parents don't arrive 15 minutes early to their kid's preschool performance. Good luck capturing that moment.
Here's Bethie.....loves to work out and go with her nieces to
Disney movies, would hate for me to try to set her up, or indicate
on an online website that people read that she's available.
I'm Noelle & I'm so excited to see The Princess & the Frog.
Too bad nobody warns me there's scary voo doo demonic forces
in the movie. Thanks Disney for using the shadowy images
that terrified adults in the 90's movie, Ghost to scare my kids.
I think this picture speaks for itself. Let's see if as a family,
we vote for which movie to see, and Dan is outnumbered by girls
5 to 1..... then expect to see these 2 expressions a lot in our future.
Everyone loves the tradition of Mimi (my mom) sewing the
girls old-fashioned nightgowns and giving them to the girls to open
on Christmas Eve. Wait, did I say everyone?
If I were to predict which child will give me grief in high school...
Mom was upset because 1 of the lunchboxes she ordered for
the girls said, "Be Green," on it. Don't worry mom, I won't allow
those liberals to influence me, disposable diapers are my friends.
I'm not grateful or at all happy with this gift or any of the
others I got, because the twins got lunchboxes, and I didn't. Don't
try to teach me about contentment or gratitude because I'm 2, and
don't you forget it.

This is the same type of jacket that Steve McQueen
used to wear, so basically this is Mikie's best Christmas
ever. And yes, He's drinking a Dr. Pepper Christmas morning.
Why is my mom trying not to cry? (Because you look like a
19 year old model, and you're in kindergarten, but I'm not going
to tell you that because I don't want you to get a big head).

Lastly, I wish I could have taken a picture of the police officer that pulled us over on Christmas day, but I just didn't think he'd be interested in participating in my blog. That night, after the kids went to bed, Dan & I took advantage of my parents babysitting, and headed to a movie. On the way there, we were stopped by an officer and asked, if we had been smoking marijuana that evening. It was funny, sort of. I guess minivan drivers with car seats and bibles strewn about the back seat fit that whole "pot-smoking" profile. Who knew? Probably a good thing I didn't try to take his picture, he let us go, and told Dan not to straddle the lanes so much in the future. (In his defense, our window was misty...)

7 comments:

stephanie said...

oh my goodness... you have me laughing out loud over here. i can't decide what my favorite part is, the "going green" lunch box, the picture of the 2 of you in the movie, morgan's facial expressions, pot-smokin' parents...

its all real good stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous family and a terrific blog! Erin's constantly laughing out thanks to your postings...she made me read it and she was right...hilarious! I hope Dan is enjoying his full head of hair right now, because he'll probably lose it all once those beautiful girls are in high school. Little Morgan reminds us so much of our 2 year old, Isaiah. For the sake of the world, hopefully the two will never pair up. Merry Christmas! Fondly, The Largozas

Coleson & Tate said...

Oh my! One laugh after another! Good post!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! Love the pot story and Dan's face :-D

Sarah said...

can't stop laughing at Morgan in the nightie... she so would have preferred a pair of ruffly panties and nothing else... she is awesome.

Jen said...

BEST Christmas story ever. You big pot smokers, you! Can you please lock up your daughters - I fear for Dan's sanity if they look that gorgeous already.

Lindsey said...

You are hilarious!