Monday, November 8, 2010

Bragging is So Unbecoming

Okay, so I know that I'm trying to teach my kids that bragging isn't right, but I'm going to have to break my own "No bragging" rule for a moment. I figure it's slightly okay, because I'm not going to brag about my kids, my husband, or myself..... Nope, today I'm bragging about my sister!

Yesterday our little Bethie ran her first half marathon which is 13.1 miles, which is about 13 more miles than I could ever run. 1,487 people ran the half-marathon, and my sister came in 18th of the women!!! In her first half-marathon, with a time of an hour and 37 minutes!!! I think that's especially impressive, since she's only 4 foot 11, and her entire body was the length of some of her competitor's legs - I'm just saying.

To celebrate, I'm going to go have some pumpkin pie I made for breakfast. Let's see it's 6:58 am right now, I'm getting ready to eat a pie breakfast, and Bethie's at a gym somewhere. I'm beginning to wonder if one of us was switched at the hospital.

Anyway, have a good day all.... and remember my sister is cooler than yours if you have one.

3 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

Wow! That is more than impressive! Crazy...especially for her first one! I haven't broken 2 hours...she must have been flying. I'm glad you bragged about her. :)

Darla said...

Awesome Job Beth!!I wish she lived here so I could run with her...so missing my running partners :(
Pumpkin pie made with real pumpkins I hope!!

Jen said...

What?! That's insane! Well done Bethie. You are like a cooler, more fit, more fashionable version of Martha Stewart.