Wednesday, November 3, 2010

California - Only Good For Our Weather

Okay, so seriously, on a positive note, I'm going to wear a sundress and sandals today and it's November 3rd. But let's face the reality of some of my state's newly elected officials: Embarrassing. Liberal. Embarrassing and liberal.

So perhaps it was no coincidence that I read this verse last night:

Daniel 2:20-21
Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.

So with that I will not face my future in a fearful or anxious way. God appointed Pharoah and hardened his heart against Moses at one point in history, and He did that for a reason. So today, I will not be disheartened by my new leaders, rather I will trust in the God who removes kings and sets up kings..... and I will be grateful for the warm weather He has provided!


2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay for the sundress, and good reminder that God is sovereign over the leadership of our state/country.

Sarah said...

Agreed! See you tomorrow!