Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recently Heard

The other day
Me: So Noelle, how was your day, who did you play with?
Noelle: Welllll, Parker kept asking me to play with him. I think he's in love with me or something....

Could be.

This weekend
(with my sister, I pulled my bangs back to reveal my forehead...)
Me: Bethie what should I get for this?
Bethie: The brown spots? Or the wrinkles?
Me: Neither, I was talking about the zit....

Yesterday
Lorelei: Mom, do you think other people kind of might not understand our family?
Me: Umm, what do you mean?
Lorelei: Like do you think that they might not understand some of the things we do?
Me: I don't really know what you're talking about, do you think we're weird or something?
Lorelei: Yeah, kind of.


So there you have it folks, I have one daughter who thinks everyone's in love with her (which actually may be true). I apparently have skin that is rapidly aging and needs tending to, thanks for that ego boost Bethie. And my oldest daughter thinks our whole family is weird. I didn't think she'd figure that one out for at least another couple of years!



2 comments:

Sybrand and Beth de Swardt said...

We were looking at our wedding pictures the other day and my husband said to me- 'Wow, you've really aged since we got married.' Scored big points.....

The Parsons' blog said...

haha... that is SO funny. Your children are so cute and seriously, I hear you on the aging. Totally sucks.