Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ode to Spring Break

The typical tourist hat shop
I always thought of her as a little cupcake.
Posing with a pirate
Dan getting attacked by a bird, but playing it cool
4 little heads in the sand
More hats to try on
Morgan looking for seals
Maylin, lovin' the hotel pool.....


Spring break came late this year, I had had it with school.
But the sun came out, and the beaches were cool.
We did Easter with family in Visalia, then came home to relax.
Spent time in the sand, ate candy, and went shopping at Saks.
Actually we shopped at Target, but that doesn't rhyme.
We also went to Long beach, Dad took off some work time.
We went to the aquarium and cheered as Dad turned 42.
But his birthday was overshadowed by the wedding of you know who.
Princess Kate looked stunning, I so loved the dress,
I actually loved all the hoopla, I must confess.
But now it's time to face the music, and head back for one last stretch.
I hate to face my grading, it makes me want to.... wretch.
But hey, I can't complain, I had a great run.
The girls are great ages, they're actually a lot of fun.
But now it's time to head back to real life.
Early mornings, wrinkled uniforms, lunchboxes, and sibling strife.
I'm not upset though, cuz after all,
Life's more than jelly beans, sunshine, and trips to the mall!





1 comment:

stephanie said...

love this!

especially the shopping at saks part. :)