Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spell Check

Every Monday afternoon Lorelei brings home a folder full of the previous week's classwork. I always glance through her papers to see how she's doing. This week as I perused through her assignments I saw that at the top of each page she had written "Lorelei Sarah."

"Um, Lorelei.... you wrote Lorelei Sarah on all of your papers?" She smiled and looked down.
"I know."
"Well, that's pretty cute, but you do know that Sarah's not your middle name, right? Your middle name is Elizabeth."
"Yeah, I know, but Elizabeth's too hard to spell."

I thought that was pretty funny.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She was thinking of me! JUST KIDDING. =)

Edwards Family said...

That's awesome. I got in a fight with my first grade teacher on how to spell wolf. My last name was WOLFE. I was so sure SHE was wrong.