Sunday, March 23, 2008

Resurrection Sunday...




So here it is Easter Sunday, and I'm trying to figure out how to post a slide show of our pix from today (yeah right). We had a beautiful day today, and our resurrection rolls actually sort of worked in toddler church so that was fun. (The resurrection rolls are crescent rolls wrapped around a giant marshmallow which evaporates when it's cooked, thus creating a hollow roll, which symbolizes the empty tomb). So church was good, we had our traditional Easter breakfast pot luck. Afterwards, I did give the kids some pagan plastic eggs filled with candy mostly because I really wanted the candy, and seriously who can resist Target's holiday aisles? They're marketing geniuses over there, and you all know it.
Besides that, the 1st week of Spring Break flew by. We did have an unexpected visit from the Binky Fairy. I basically got fed up with the twins' binky addiction, so instead of waiting until they turned 3 (as I did with Lorelei) I told them the Binky Fairy was coming to take away their binkies and if they left them all out on our porch for her to pick up, there would be a big girl Barbie doll (like their sisters) awaiting them in the morning. Needless to say, I was shopping for brunette Barbies at Target at 9:30 Thursday night. I went in for barbies, and walked out with barbies, a random assortment of groceries, and placemats. Did I mention that their marketing geniuses over there already or what? Seriously, Target's my happy place.
Enjoy the pix.

3 comments:

Wendy Penberthy said...

Hey Christina!! It's your fellow Visalian!! I saw your blog through blog hopping! It is so good to see your family and your girls are beautiful!! Where are you living now? Are you in Santa Clarita?
Love, Wendy

Sara said...

Okay, Christina,

So I just took a minute to look closely at just how beautiful your girls are! Wowsers! :) Are you guys in for it, in about 10 years or so...

It's been really fun to get closer glimpses into everyone's lives. Enjoy your last few days of vacation...ours went by too fast...and left me salivating for the summer...

The Shaw Family said...

Christina,

Beautiful! I love the picture of your family! Look forward to seeing you this summer.

Heather