Sunday, March 2, 2008

Melting Down...


So even though I happened to take an incredibly cute picture of Noelle this weekend, I thought I'd post this one of Maisy instead because, well, it really captures my reality more. I'd like to tell you all that we had a bunch of fun adventures this week, that I taught my kids some French, we took long walks around the block identifying birds and insects, and for a treat we baked some gluten free cookies, but the truth is this: This week I had pink eye, Lorelei threw up and had a fever, the twins learned to say, "I'm the best, no you're not the best, I am," Morgan SCREAMED the entire 25 minute ride home from church tonight, and this week we subsisted mainly on cheese its and Trident (because gum keeps them quiet when I'm on the phone, and they sneak it out of my purse all day anyway).
So yeah, I'm tired right now, and I feel somewhat defeated by my multiple failures as a mom, but let me say this, despite all of my kids' annoying qualities, I love them so much. I watched Lorelei in her gymnastics class on Friday morning and she was so, well........not good (she inherited my severe lack of coordination), and yet I was still so completely proud of her! God gives us this incredible, amazing love for our kids. What I can't imagine is that He loves us even more than we love them. That supercedes all of it, doesn't it?
Well, that was just a brief moment of reflection, I assure you most of the time I'll just post obnoxious pictures of my children, and write self-indulgent tidbits about my life with them. And for those of you who care and are still with me, I'll probably post each week on Sunday or Monday nights.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Too funny, love seeing your girls in pictures since I hear so much about them from Jen. I may be calling you for advice on dealing with my twins. Hope everyone is on the mend including you!

Jen said...

I love your pics of kids & self-indulgent stories. Keep them coming. Then move closer to us so we can hang out!

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.