Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Cookies



What? You think my newly frequent posting on this blog is somehow reflective of too much time on my hands? Actually, it's due to the fact that I'm on spring break for 2 weeks!! I'm lovin' catchin up at home, so much that I got in touch with my domestic side yesterday and baked some Easter cookies. Here's the recipe, they're to die for:

Old Fashioned Sour Cream Drops

1/2 cup shortening
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs

Blend above together, then add

1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

stir those 2 things in, then add:

2 & 3/4 cp flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking pwdr
1/2 tsp. salt.

Stir, then chill at least 1 hour. Drop rounded teaspoons of batter onto your cookie sheet, bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

When cooled, drizzle with pwdr. sugar/water glaze (add food coloring & sprinkles if you feel like impressing others)

Also, here's a pic of my cousin's girls: Ellie & Janie, who came over to dye Easter eggs with us yesterday. We always have so much fun when they're around! Girl Power! (So far on my mom's side,there are 12 great grandaughters, notaone boy)!

1 comment:

Leaman said...

Those cookies are amazing, yep. I made a double batch and we are enjoying them. I thought it would be this great family event to decorate them, well, after 2 the boys were all done. Thanks for the great recipe.