Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Best of Times


My students just turned in their Tale of Two Cities projects, and I must say, I was impressed.  Over the years, I've received many model versions of the infamous, "la guillotione" but the one above takes the cake!  It's blade really could release and chop carrots, and then the ramp lifted so that the severed "heads" could roll off into the crowd.  And I even had someone turn in a model of Madame Defarge's wine shop, the secret meeting place for the revolutionaries, and now an awesome hangout for Lorelei's polly pockets.   

3 comments:

Mabs said...

Very impressive guillotine model, more so because it's fully functioning. You're teaching/guiding them well.

Elisha said...

Oh I just love that story. What fun and creative students you must have!

AmyLeite said...

Can we say parental involvement for a 1,000 on the guillotine model? That little contraption could be sold for some big $$$! Love the wine shop replica - reminded me of my recent reading of A Tale of Two Cities (upon your recommendation, Mrs. Leaman!).