Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Celebrating 20 Years!
















I cannot begin to explain how unique our pastor at Faith Community Church of Oxnard is. I've sat under many pastors over the years, heard literally 100's of speakers in my life, and I can honestly say, Pastor Rick Anderson is one of the greatest expository preachers of our time. He has the incredibly rare attribute of humility and that combined with his intelligence and passion creates the ultimate combo. This weekend our church had a surprise party for Pastor, Saturday night to celebrate his 20years. The theme was JUNK FOOD, because that is his vice. We even had an In & Out Burger truck and for dessert Hostess Twinkies and Cupcakes! It was a precious evening for all of the body of believers at FCC.

3 comments:

Devin said...

Great pics, guys. It was a night to remember.

AmyLeite said...

Thanks for posting that, Christina! It was fun to look at the pics - especially the group one. Here's a "where's Waldo" for you...Betty M. holding her granddaughter cracked me up! It was such a wonderful, amazing night which we'll all cherish.

Unknown said...

Twenty years in ministry at the same church...truly a heroic achievement by today's standards. Congrats to Pastor and Penny.
Love the pictures. Are the Marlatts back or did they just come up for the party? Last time I heard, they were in San Diego, I think....