Wednesday, December 28, 2011

15 Days till the Big 15!


In 15 days, Lord willing, Dan & I will have been married for 15 years! I know, it's hard to believe I'm old enough to have been married that long, especially since I still like to shop in the junior department and pretend I'm a 15 year old teenager. (It's not as believable lately, I gotta tell you).

Anyway, I thought it only fitting to come up with 15 reasons Dan & I are still married.

15. He lets me get my way, a lot, not all the time.... but a lot.

14. Dan's the best dad of ALL TIME. (Though, my own dad is sort of tied with him, I have to say). He loves the kids, and takes them on bike rides, and teaches them to roller skate, and tie their shoes, and he reminds me not to yell so much on long car trips.

13. Dan only works with men, no leggy blondes, no curvy brunettes. I really love his workplace. I always look pretty cute to Dan after a whole day with just Scott and Anthony and Scott's dad. I think one of the UPS delivery people is a woman, but I suspect she's not my husband's type.

12. Dan still looks pretty good in soccer shorts.

11. He's accepted I won't watch sports with him, and I've accepted he's not in to romantic gestures.

10. He eats everything I cook, and doesn't complain about the fact that lately, it's mostly cheese quesadillas and progresso soup.

9. We love our kids together, and only the 2 of us can truly understand how the four of them can be so incredibly annoying and yet so incredibly amazing all at once.

8. We both actually enjoy each other's parents. No really, we do.

7. We are both share a love and a commitment to our church.

6. We are honest with each other, even though, sometimes I think he should lie to me and tell me there's nothing I need to work on, I'm perfect the way I am.

5. We were both raised by parents who taught us that divorce is never an option, and that God hates it, and I'm pretty sure they'd just about disown us if it ever came up. That foundation has helped us tremendously (as have their examples to us).

4. When the doctor said, you know you're having twins, right? I started crying, and Dan said, "TWINS! AWESOME!" like it was the greatest news of his life. Seriously, what kind of man is that? A superior one, for sure!

3. We still Love each other.

2. We still LIKE each other.

1. God has shown us great grace and forgiveness when the ugliness of sin does rear it's head, which is every day.