Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Full House

Girl above, no relation.



Check out these cutie brunettes!
So the long-awaited visit is off & running. On Sat., Dan's nephew Beau is gettin' hitched here in California, and so all of the relatives on Dan's side are gradually making their way over here for the big to-do. Friday night our first batch of family arrived, Dan's sister Carol, hubby Darin, and their 4 lovely kids, and a visiting friend of the family Marcela from Brazil. So Saturday we hit the Getty Museum and then went to The Grove. The day was really fun, esp. for Dan & I who tend to spend our weekends doing house projects and eating leftovers, so getting out and about was great, even with all the kiddos. They did really well. The Getty was beautiful and the Grove was cool, celebrity spotting, the girl that plays Sage on a new teenager-geared show, Privileged. She was much more gorgeous in real life. So then Sunday we all went to church, & that evening took Carol out to a fancy-shmancy dinner for her birthday! Meanwhile, yesterday, my other sister in law, Leah had baby #5, a FIFTH BOY! No name yet! We're still waiting with baited breath.

So the Hughey family is out sightseeing, doin' the LA thing today, they did Santa Barbara yesterday, and I'm enjoying them all very much. They are fun-loving, helpful to me, and they are very grounded in the Lord. Here's what I've learned about my nieces & nephews so far:

Rhaquel (just turned 17 in Dec., name pronounce Hockel) favorite color is white because she loves white dresses and white bedding. My interpretation of that is she's a romantic for sure, and will have a very lovely home someday.

Jacob (age 15) enjoys texting & is remarkably good with babies for a teenager.

Twins (just turned 14 in Dec.) Brandon agrees with me that Maggie Gyllenhal was not the best choice for female lead in The Dark Knight. Katie Holmes, way cuter. Kaylee doesn't know why her sister enjoys shopping so much, doesn't like to wear make up and would prefer to have sons someday because she thinks girls tend to be overly dramatic.

I truly hope my kids are as pleasant as they are when they're teens someday, and I'm not just saying that to try and kiss up.

5 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

They are a wonderful family and have great children! What great role models for the children of the church!

I love (and have!) white bedding, ruched and fluffy-ever so romantic ;) Enjoy your fam!!

Unknown said...

I was so sure I was going to have boy #5!
Seems like you have a wonderful extended family...I love meeting teenagers that give me hope for how my own children will turn out, don't you?
HOWEVER I could not disagree more about the Maggie Gyllenhall casting. She has way bigger acting chops than Mrs. Cruise. Very disappointed. :-D

Leo and Kim said...

What a great family week you are having! I'm so excited for Leah!!! I can't wait to hear the name and stats. Did you know that Leah and I were friends in Brazil? She is awesome!

Mary said...

Maybe I'll see you at the wedding. We go to Faith Community Church, and a friend of mine asked me if I could help serve at the reception. Anyway, I'll be there for part of the time. I hope you're enjoying your time with all the extended family. It sounds great.

Kaylee said...

Christina,
Thank you for letting us bombard your home. I love being in your home. I loved your new porch and paint color. I love to sleep in the twins' beds. So comfy!(even though I couldn't sleep with Darin) I love staring at your cute little girls. I love the Cali sun. I love your church (what a blessing that sermon was. I love your neighbors and friends and I love you and your husband so much. Thanks for my birthday dinner. Love hanging out with you. I hope my brother realizes he has a gift from heaven in you. (I think he knows.) We will never forget our 2008 Christmas present. Thanks again, Carol Hughey