Monday, January 12, 2009

Joy Behar Scares Me

For the record, I admit that I waste a lot of time watching mindless television, but honestly I almost never watch The View.  However, this morning, I was cleaning the living room, I turned on the TV to listen to background noise and hear what they would say about the Golden Globes last night (a total snooze by the way, except Tina Fey's pretty funny).  Anyway, intstead of that, Anne Coulter was on and being confronted simultaneously by all of the ladies on The View about her recent chapter slamming single mothers.  My blood pressure went up, and I got a knot in my stomach.  How can a person have such a vehement debate with someone else and not like throw up on national television?  I'm the type of person that apologizes to waiters when they mess up my order, so really I don't get it.  I felt afraid for her, very, very afraid.

Meanwhile, just wanted to throw out a disclaimer.  When I blog, I totally ramble and disregard all the things that I would deem essential as an English Teacher.  So don't judge me for my run ons and comma splices people, I know they're there.

Lastly, just got a call last week from a distant cousin who reads my blog, thanks.  I'm always so happy and thankful and flattered and genuinely surprised to know people out there read this stuff.  I love reading other blogs myself though.

Oh & thanks Bethie for watching the kiddos this weekend so Dan & I could go out on our anniversary.  I got to eat shrimp with hollandaise sauce and watch Tom Cruise wear an eye patch for a few hours, truly good times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She scares me, too...but if I'm honest I have to say that Ann Coulter scares me equally as much.

Unknown said...

hahahaha..tom cruise with an eye patch. awesome...and hilarious.